About a week ago I turned 20 years old! Which means I am no longer a “teen”! There is no “teen” to be found in the word TWENTY! To me, 20 is such a strange age to be… I say this because even though I’ve already been legal in some places around the world, in America I am still underage! So even though I am no longer a “teen” I am still not legal all over the world! I thought the underage struggle was over, but I guess I still have one more year to go…
Anyways I was thinking about everything I’ve been learning year after year; somethings more valuable than others… but still important to me! I thought what a great blog idea! SOOOO keep reading if you wanna know 20 things I’ve learned in 20 years!
Here we go!!
20 Things I’ve Learned in 20 Years!
1. You can’t pour from an empty glass.. meaning it is impossible to give yourself to someone else or help someone else if you yourself is empty.
2. It’s okay not to be okay. I know this phrase has circulated around a lot! But it’s something we all need to remember! Not everyday can be a good day.
3. Everything happens for a reason. There have been MANY circumstances in the past year where my luck has been questioned and it’s not until after the fact that I realize why it had to happen the way it did.
4. Independence and trusting yourself is what gives you freedom. You can’t live your whole life depending on the people around you. You need to be able to do things on your own and figure out situations on your own!
5. Don’t listen to respond, but listen to understand. Even the smallest responses from the heart sometimes mean the most…
6. Breakfast will always be #1 anywhere in the world!
7. There will always be a next step and a new challenge.
8. Naps are VERY important!
9. Don’t lack on experiencing the world. It gives you so much perspective and creativity!
10. It’s okay to say no to things! To be honest, I still struggle with this one… but it is something that is in progress!
11. It doesn’t matter how long you haven’t spoken with a loved one.. the connection will always be there. When working on ships connection is hard… I’ve learned that even on my worst days I will always have them.
12. I will personally always want to start a new project. My brain can’t be stuck on only one thing!!
13. I have learned I will probably always be at least a little late…
14. Every year I realize more and more how important family is!
15. Vitamins are a must!!
16. Remember to always be the best version of yourself. I am proud of the person I am and the person I try to push myself to be.
17. Nothing important will ever be handed to you.
18. Be happy for the people around you! They deserve it just as much as you would.
19. Always make or find time for yourself.
20. Relationships are not 50, 50. Relationships depend on a push and pull action. Sometimes one person can’t always give 50%, they need the other person to give more and vice versa.
I did not write these all at once! It took some time to really think about lessons I use in my everyday life that I may not have used this time last year. I know some of these things are stupid, but it is still valuable to me!
Here’s to another year of learning and loving life <3
I’m curious to know some things YOU have learned in your years!